accounting and radutmp problem

devesh gade deveshgade152003 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 10:52:24 CEST 2009

hi ivan
thanks.
I am currently using d-link dwl-g700ap as the access point.
I have visited the product site and seen data sheets  for the same and it
mentions nothing about radius accoutning packets.
how do i enable my AP to send accounting packets??
And if this access point does not support radius accounting,can you suggest
me some other access point in its place??

2009/6/10 Ivan Kalik <tnt at kalik.net>

> > I want to use mysql only for accounting purposes.I have uncommented the
> > "sql"
> > and "sql_log" entries iin the various modules.
> > While users try to login,entries are being entered into the "radpostauth"
> > table of mysql.However, no entries are being made into the "radacct"
> > table.Can anyone please tell me the reason for this??
>
> Is your NAS sending accounting packets?
>
> > Secondly,in order to check the users logged on currently,we must use the
> > "radutmp"  file.However,no file of this name exists at
> > "/usr/local/var/log/radius".What may be the reason for this??
>
> Same as above - your NAS most likely isn't sending accounting packets.
>
> > And what corrective action must i take for solving these problems??
>
> Configure NAS to send accounting to that radius server.
>
> Ivan Kalik
> Kalik Informatika ISP
>
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See