accounting and radutmp problem

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Wed Jun 10 11:09:06 CEST 2009

Hi,

> I am currently using d-link dwl-g700ap as the access point.
> I have visited the product site and seen data sheets  for the same and it
> mentions nothing about radius accoutning packets.
> how do i enable my AP to send accounting packets??
> And if this access point does not support radius accounting,can you suggest
> me some other access point in its place??

this is the FreeRADIUS users support list, no tthe dlink AP users support list.

if the docs dont mention it, then its very very likely that it doesnt do it.

a quick google reveals other models eg DWL 8200AP clearly mentioning RADIUS
accouting...and even better a FreeRADIUS list message from last year stating
pretty much the same issue - use different firmware?

https://lists.freeradius.org/pipermail/freeradius-users/2008-October/msg00108.html

(ps thanks www.bing.com you are starting to show usefulness)

alan