[rad] Re: pseudo-newbie exec scripts and session-time

Charles Gregory cgregory at hwcn.org
Fri Jun 12 05:22:20 CEST 2009

On Thu, 11 Jun 2009, John Dennis wrote:
> No you're not stuck with an old 1.x.
> See: http://wiki.freeradius.org/Red_Hat_FAQ

Go read the thread "Version... Version..."...

I posted that thread partly in anticipation that when I started to ask
for help with my 'standard' CentOS FreeRadius, people with the luxury of
installing from source or other 'bleeding edge' would immediately start
nagging me about how and where to install new versions.....

Begging pardon, but we installed CentOS with a *principle* in mind, to
have a simple common *base* installation. I see no reason to use a new
version unless the version I have does not have the features I need. I've
already got my radius executing one script, so its not like it doesn't run
scripts at all. I just need to get the right syntax. So thank you, if you
don't know the answer to the question. But CentOS is supposedly still a
'supported' OS, so I think it's fair to ask simple 'how to' questions for
that environment.

- Charles