[rad] Re: pseudo-newbie exec scripts and session-time

Charles Gregory cgregory at hwcn.org
Fri Jun 12 16:19:18 CEST 2009

On Fri, 12 Jun 2009, Alan DeKok wrote:
> Charles Gregory wrote:
>> But CentOS is supposedly still a 'supported' OS, so I think it's fair
>> to ask simple 'how to' questions for that environment.
>
>  Centos supports their OS.  This list answers questions about FreeRADIUS.

Quite right. CentOS supports their OS, not the component packages. So I
cannto ask *them* a FreeRADIUS question. They tell me to come HERE.

Now, in the spirit of the sarcasm with which your comment was offered,
I reply, gee, I think I *am* on the wrong list.

I am looking for a FreeRADIUS *USERS* forum. Obivously, with FreeRADIUS
1.x in wide deployment in RHEL and CentOS there HAS to be a 'community'
of 1.x users, or at the least a community of FreeRADIUS users who, even
if they have migrated to later versions themselves, still *remember* the
basic syntax of a version of FreeRADIUS that they must have been using
*very* recently (for anyone getting a decent life-expectancy out of
servers and OS's, three years is 'recent'). I had thought that *this*
forum would have many people like this. But maybe people only come here
for 'bleeding edge' stuff. If so, could someone be kind enough to direct
me to the FreeRADIUS community/forum where 1.x is still discussed and
used?

> Everything is easier and better in 2.1.

So, at the risk of sounding like a whiner, why the *HECK* am I stuck with
something "not easier and better" in a CURRENT release? Why do you LET
RedHat use the old version if it is so unsupported?

- Charles