Freeradius, PostgreSQL and One-Time-Password backends

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Jun 12 17:16:02 CEST 2009

mikoi wrote:
> The question was "how does freeradius talk to authentication database".
> What does it send to it and what does it get back?

  No.  *Your* question was about using Safeword authentication with
FreeRADIUS.  When we asked you how FreeRADIUS talked to the Safeword
system, you responded "postgresql".

  Do you want to configure the server to use PostgreSQL, or Safeword, or
both?

> I´ll do my best to explain.
..
> Access-Request packet sent to authentication server (OTP system).
> Is User-name/User-Password ok?

  Is FreeRADIUS proxying RADIUS packets to the OTP system?  If so, just
configure the OTP system as a home server.  The documentation for how to
do this is in raddb/proxy.conf.