Using Dictionary in With Freeradius

Ashfaq-Ur-Rahman ashfaq at danl.com.bd
Sat Jun 13 16:14:42 CEST 2009

Hi,

This is my first post in this list.

I work for an ISP. We use freeradius with mysql in the radius server,
pptp/pppoe to in nas. I inherited a 5 years old freeradious installation
(version 1.0.0) and its running fine . Now i need to shift it to another
server (because server is too old). I have installed freeradius 2.1.6  in a
new PC with Centos5.3 with mysql 5.

I had dumped the mysql database from the old machine to new machine. There
is a field like "client-type" and there are two types of customer "basic"
and "shared".  Bur when i added a nas is the radius, the user cannot be
authenticated, the following error occurs...

 I am new with freeradius.

[chap] Setting 'Auth-Type := CHAP'
++[chap] returns ok
[sql]   expand: %{User-Name} -> user1
[sql] sql_set_user escaped user --> 'user1'
rlm_sql (sql): Reserving sql socket id: 3
[sql]   expand: SELECT id,UserName,Attribute,Value,op FROM radcheck WHERE
Username = '%{SQL-User-Name}' ORDER BY id -> SELECT
id,UserName,Attribute,Value,op FROM radcheck WHERE Username = 'user1' ORDER
BY id
WARNING: Found User-Password == "...".
WARNING: Are you sure you don't mean Cleartext-Password?
WARNING: See "man rlm_pap" for more information.
[sql] User found in radcheck table
[sql]   expand: SELECT id,UserName,Attribute,Value,op FROM radreply WHERE
Username = '%{SQL-User-Name}' ORDER BY id -> SELECT
id,UserName,Attribute,Value,op FROM radreply WHERE Username = 'user1' ORDER
BY id
rlm_sql: Failed to create the pair: Invalid octet string "basic" for
attribute name "Client-Type"
rlm_sql (sql): Error getting data from database
[sql] SQL query error; rejecting user
rlm_sql (sql): Released sql socket id: 3
++[sql] returns fail
Invalid user: [user1/<CHAP-Password>] (from client nas-1 port 0)
Delaying reject of request 0 for 4 seconds
Going to the next request
Waking up in 0.9 seconds.
Waking up in 2.9 seconds.
Sending delayed reject for request 0
Sending Access-Reject of id 155 to *.*.*.* port 1033
Waking up in 4.9 seconds.
Cleaning up request 0 ID 155 with timestamp +46
Ready to process requests.

I googled the problem and find it could be a dictionary issue. So I added
dictionary. But this time freeradius is giving another problem (It is not
running.)

# /usr/local/sbin/radiusd -X

FreeRADIUS Version 2.1.6, for host i686-pc-linux-gnu, built on May 22 2009
at 01:41:36

Copyright (C) 1999-2009 The FreeRADIUS server project and contributors.

/usr/local/etc/raddb/dictionary.compat[7]: Expecting section start brace '{'
after "ATTRIBUTE Password"

Errors reading /usr/local/etc/raddb/radiusd.conf

#

My system is CENTOS 5.3 (i386)

Mysql-server-5.0.45

Freeradius 2.1.6

I will be glad to have your comments on it. Sorry for such a long mail.
Thank you all for your patients, reading the mail.

Ashfaq.