[rad] RE: Free Radius users record samples for SmartEdge router subcriberauthentication.

Charles Gregory cgregory at hwcn.org
Tue Jun 16 19:51:51 CEST 2009

On Tue, 16 Jun 2009, Elias Abou Zeid wrote:
> I tried the different suggestions but I still get authentication login
> incorrect eventhough the username and password passed by the Redback
> router are correct and as filled in subscribers record
> On Radius server.
>
> abc at RADIUS      User-Password := "passwd"

This syntax SETS the User-Password attribute. It's almost like
saying "accept any password and replace it with this value".
Please review "man 5 users" for the use of "=", ":=", et al.

Have you tried:

abc      User-Password == "passwd"
               Service-Type = Framed-User,
               Framed-Protocol = PPP

I don't know what this next line does, so unless *you* do, may
I suggest leaving it out while testing?

               Bind_Auth_Context = RADIUS

- Charles