Free Radius users record samples for SmartEdgerouter subcriberauthentication.

Elias Abou Zeid elias.abou.zeid at ericsson.com
Tue Jun 16 22:37:11 CEST 2009

Ok, I have removed encrypted-key in Redback router which was causing
issue about shared secrets.

Now the subscriber config on Radius is as follows:

abc at RADIUS      Cleartext-Password := "test"
                Service-Type = Framed-User,
                Framed-Protocol = PPP

>From redius debug:
 rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host 10.205.1.1:1812, id=3,
length=187
        User-Name = "abc at RADIUS"
        User-Password = "test"
        Service-Type = Framed-User
        Framed-Protocol = PPP
        NAS-Identifier = "Quiet"
        NAS-Port = 167903232
        NAS-Real-Port = 2717909092
        NAS-Port-Type = Virtual
        NAS-Port-Id = "10/2 vlan-id 100 pppoe 347"
        Medium-Type = DSL
        Mac-Addr = "00-0c-29-10-12-c3"
        Platform-Type = SmartEdge-800
        OS-Version = "6.1.2.6p9"
  Processing the authorize section of radiusd.conf
  modcall[authorize]: module "preprocess" returns ok for request 0
radius_xlat:
'/usr/local/var/log/radius/radacct/10.205.1.1/auth-detail-20090616'
rlm_detail:
/usr/local/var/log/radius/radacct/%{Client-IP-Address}/auth-detail-%Y%m%
d expands to
/usr/local/var/log/radius/radacct/10.205.1.1/auth-detail-20090616
  modcall[authorize]: module "auth_log" returns ok for request 0
  modcall[authorize]: module "chap" returns noop for request 0
  modcall[authorize]: module "mschap" returns noop for request 0
    rlm_realm: Looking up realm "RADIUS" for User-Name = "abc at RADIUS"
    rlm_realm: No such realm "RADIUS"
  modcall[authorize]: module "suffix" returns noop for request 0
  rlm_eap: No EAP-Message, not doing EAP
  modcall[authorize]: module "eap" returns noop for request 0
    users: Matched entry DEFAULT at line 152
    users: Matched entry DEFAULT at line 171
    users: Matched entry DEFAULT at line 183
  modcall[authorize]: module "files" returns ok for request 0
modcall: leaving group authorize (returns ok) for request 0
  rad_check_password:  Found Auth-Type System
auth: type "System"
  Processing the authenticate section of radiusd.conf
modcall: entering group authenticate for request 0
  modcall[authenticate]: module "unix" returns notfound for request 0
modcall: leaving group authenticate (returns notfound) for request 0
auth: Failed to validate the user.
Login incorrect: [abc at RADIUS/test] (from client SE-Quiet port 167903232)
Delaying request 0 for 1 seconds
Finished request 0

Unfortunately, the login is still failing with no obvious reason why.

Any thoughts ?

Thanks,
Elias