[rad] RE: Free Radius users record samples for SmartEdge router subcriberauthentication.

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Jun 17 07:15:03 CEST 2009

Charles Gregory wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Jun 2009, Elias Abou Zeid wrote:
>> Sorry for the :=, == confusion. I was doing it right using ==.
>
> Neither is 'right' or 'wrong'.

  Using "User-Password == foo" is wrong.

  Using "Cleartext-Password := foo" is right.

> You just need to be sure what you want to
> achieve with them. I'm not a complete expert on this, so if in doubt,
> try it *both* ways. (smile) One of them will work.

  How about suggesting that people follow the instructions on this list?
 He was already told multiple times what was right, and what was wrong.

  Do not give people incorrect advice.  It means that they won't solve
their problem, and it means that I now have *three* times the work to
do.  One, to tell them what to do.  Two, to tell you your advice is
mistaken, and three, to convince them to *not* follow your advice.