use_tunneled_reply has no effect

Xiwen Cheng xcheng at math.leidenuniv.nl
Wed Jun 17 12:36:06 CEST 2009

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 10:48:07AM +0100, Ivan Kalik wrote:
> This is already present in post-auth in latest version (after a lengthy
> explanation):
>
>   #update outer.reply {
>   #  User-Name = "%{request:User-Name}"
>   #}

After uncommenting that in inner-tunnel, I see local users authenticated
by the LOCAL auth called outer.reply. But this is not the case for
external users(Realm handled by external proxy).

The latter is what I really want: being able to see which external user
is authenticating. As we are not doing Accounting, isn't it possible to
move the outer.reply higher up in the stack? Or it shouldn't matter?

Kind regards,
xiwen