mysql errors when running freeradius

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Jun 17 15:41:45 CEST 2009

JamesWhetherly wrote:
> I thought that the dialup.conf was linked to the 'nas' table . . . .

  No.

> I've re-added it and it just brings up errors to do with the nas table
> again, which i deleted and told not to look at with readclients.

  Could you *please* stop breaking the configuration?  Don't "delete"
the reference to the nas table.  Don't "re-add" the reference.  Use the
*default* configuration.  It *works*.

> radiusd -X debug:
> including configuration file /etc/raddb/sql/mysql/dialup.conf
> WARNING: No such configuration item nas_table
> /etc/raddb/sql/mysql/dialup.conf[65]: Reference "SELECT id, nasname,
> shortname, type, secret FROM ${nas_table}" not found

  You've edited the sql.conf file, and broken the server.  Don't do
that.  Really.  We've told you *many* times what to do.  You're still
not following instructions.  You're still doing *extra* work that is
breaking the system.

  Really.  If you had simply done the *minimum* amount of work, *as
instructed*, it would work by now.  Every random change you make takes
you further away from a working configuration.

  It also wastes your time, and ours.