[rad] RE: Free Radius users record samples for SmartEdgerouter subcriberauthentication.

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Jun 17 16:30:15 CEST 2009

Elias Abou Zeid wrote:
> Just out for sake of completeness. On FreeRADIUS Version 1.1.7
>
> I tried both User-Password == "test" and Cleartext-Password := "test".
>
> They both work fine when the user entry is before default setting in
> users file.

  Yes.  Because *old* versions of the server accepted 'User-Password
==', and not 'Cleartext-Password :='.  We try to keep compatibility
between versions of the server.

  Even with that, 'User-Password ==' is wrong.  It's been wrong for
nearly three years now.  Any blog, web page, "howto", etc. that suggests
it is wrong, and is out of date.

  At some point, that backwards compatibility will be removed.  Any
systems still using "User-Password ==" will then *break*.