simultaneous use logging

James Devine fxmulder at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 16:56:36 CEST 2009

Well, in debugging mode, it doesn't log anything to the file, but the
debug output shows it being rejected.  When I am not running in debug,
I only get 'Login OK: [zdls02/p2182111] (from client allowed_clients
port 536936642)' logged by the radius server, I am logging my own
simultaneous use message, although this shows up prior to the login ok
message in the logs.

Listening on authentication address * port 1812
Listening on accounting address * port 1813
Listening on command file /var/run/radiusd/radiusd.sock
Listening on proxy address * port 1814
Ready to process requests.
rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host 10.10.10.231 port 50895,
id=25, length=97
        User-Name = "zdls02"
        Service-Type = Framed-User
        NAS-IP-Address = 10.10.10.231
        NAS-Port = 536936642
        NAS-Port-Type = Virtual
        User-Password = "fred"
        Framed-Protocol = PPP
        NAS-Port-Id = "2/0/0/1.194"
        Service-Type = Framed-User
+- entering group authorize {...}
[preprocess]   hints: Matched DEFAULT at 21
[preprocess]   hints: Matched DEFAULT at 58
[preprocess]   hints: Matched DEFAULT at 751
[preprocess]   hints: Matched DEFAULT at 1180
++[preprocess] returns ok
++[gwis] returns ok
[files] users: Matched entry DEFAULT at line 316
++[files] returns ok
Found Auth-Type = gwis
+- entering group authenticate {...}
++[gwis] returns ok
+- entering group session {...}
[rlm_gwis 4a38f8a476ce4ac0b0 Error] Authentication failed due to
simultaneous use: zdls02
++[gwis] returns reject
Login OK: [zdls02/p2182111] (from client allowed_clients port 536936642)
Using Post-Auth-Type Reject
+- entering group REJECT {...}
[attr_filter.access_reject]     expand: %{User-Name} -> zdls02
 attr_filter: Matched entry DEFAULT at line 11
++[attr_filter.access_reject] returns updated
Sending Access-Reject of id 25 to 10.10.10.231 port 50895
Finished request 0.
Going to the next request
Waking up in 4.9 seconds.
Cleaning up request 0 ID 25 with timestamp +26
Ready to process requests.