simultaneous use logging

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Jun 17 18:28:28 CEST 2009

James Devine wrote:
> The authentication portion of the module returns ok, the session
> portion returns reject, as it should.

  No.

  The session portion should return "ok", and increment
request->simul_count.  See rlm_radutmp for examples.

  This is because users may be tracked in multiple places (radutmp, sql,
etc.), *and* they have have Simultaneous-Use limits that are more than one.

  This allows the SQL module to say "I track one login", and the radutmp
module to say "I track a different login", with the admin allowing 2
simultaneous logins.