FreeRADIUS and syslog message changes

JR Mayberry mayberry at loonybin.net
Tue Jun 23 17:44:50 CEST 2009

Hi,

OK - so I'm using an proxy setup and need better logging.
Sample messages
Jun 23 13:54:59 localhost radiusd[23703]: Login OK: [rmayberr] (from
client 0.0.0.0/0 port 1812)

Assuming that 0.0.0.0/0 is coming from the clients file. Adding individual
clients isn't an option.

I want this log to include the Client-IP-Address or NAS-IP-Address instead
of the clients file entry.

I've tried other options like a perl module that looks at RADIUS
attributes, but freeradius doesn't call post_proxy on an Access-Reject, so
I can only log authentication accepts...

Ideas how to get this accomplished?

Thanks