problem to forcing TLS and reject PEAP

Ivan Kalik tnt at kalik.net
Thu Jun 25 11:07:22 CEST 2009

> I insert in my users file this configuration item:
>
> DEFAULT Huntgroup-Name == wi-fi, Ldap-Group == "wifi", EAP-Type == PEAP,
> Auth-Type := Reject
>
> DEFAULT Huntgroup-Name == wi-fi, Ldap-Group == "wifi", EAP-Type == TLS
>     Fall-Through = No
>
> DEFAULT Ldap-Group == "user", Huntgroup-Name == user
>     Fall-Through = No
>

> The fist DEFAULT should reject the request if  the EAP-type is PEAP,
> while the second DEFAULT should accept only the request if the EAP is
> TLS .... i think :-))
>

> but during the test i note that if i force wifi in PEAP, the request is
> reject from the second default, and not in the fist, this is the log:
>
> Wed Jun 24 14:02:36 2009 : Debug:     users: Matched entry DEFAULT at
> line 3  ( line 3 is the second DEFAULT )
>
> the reject is because it dont is able to oepn tls
>
> If i try in TLS  the system accept the request....
>
> The questions is....Why the Peap request dont match the fist DEFAULT ?

Because peap is treated as subsection of tls.

Use listen section to direct requests from wi-fi huntgroup clients to one
virtual server and user to another. Create two eap instances - one
standard, and one without peap configured. Use the one with peap disabled
in virtual server which processes wi-fi requests.

Ivan Kalik
Kalik Informatika ISP