attrs filtering - regex pattern matching

Ivan Kalik tnt at kalik.net
Fri Jun 26 10:48:06 CEST 2009

> I'd like our radius proxy server to allow an A/V pair, but, cannot find
> any
> examples where I can apply any regex type rules to allow a range of
> values.
>
> For example, I received the following from a remote radius server :
>
> Cisco-AVPair = vpdn:ip-addresses=10.10.1.4
>
> and would want to (using attrs) allow anything that matches:
>
> Cisco-AVPair = vpdn:ip-addresses=.*
> Where ".*" would be anything following the "="

So that's not a "range of values". It's "allow anything that matches the
bit before =".

> How might I allow this using attrs?
>
> I'm running freeradius 1.0.5
> I can't upgrade to 2.x yet, so I'm looking for suggestions/feedback for
> 1.x

This has nothing to do with 1.x or 2.x or freeradius. If you need a regex
tutorial there are plenty of them available. What you need is basic and
can be found in any regex tutorial.

Ivan Kalik
Kalik Informatika ISP