Definitive Word on FreeRadius/LDAP/EAP Requirements

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Fri Jun 26 17:33:44 CEST 2009

On 06/26/2009 11:05 AM, Aaron Mahler wrote:
> Is there a good example of this suggested config relative to the default
> install of Freeradius? I'm installing via Yum on Fedora Core 10
> (mentioned in case its default config differs from a source install).

FYI, the Fedora, RHEL & CentOS do *not* modify the upstream defaults.

The only minor exception to this is the fact the main freeradius rpm is
not the "kitchen sink" of all possible FreeRADIUS components in the same
way the upstream build produces, instead optional components are broken
out into subpackages, for instance you won't get SQL support unless you
install one of the SQL subpackages (e.g. freeradius-mysql,
freeradius-postgresql, etc.) same holds true for ldap and all the other
optional components.

% yum info freeradius\*

will show you all the possible packages.

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?
www.redhat.com/carveoutcosts/