radius proxy senario

piston pistonic at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 9 12:52:05 CET 2009

I have trying both

if ("%{User-Name}" =~ /"^ABC\/"/ ) {
                 update control {
                 Realm := 'another_realm'

if ("%{User-Name}" =~ /"^ABC\/"/ ) {
                 update request {
                 Realm := 'another_realm'

Still not working.

Just make sure if I'm not understand wrongly. In the ideal case when receiving access access ABC/userid at my_realm, i should able to transform this login id as userid at another_realm, and proxy the login id base on another_realm at proxy.conf.

Debugged log as below:

rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host 192.168.168.7 port 2469, id=42, length=65
        User-Name = "ABC/userid at my_realm"
        User-Password = "test"
        NAS-Port = 100
+- entering group authorize {...}
++[preprocess] returns ok
++? if ("%{User-Name}" =~ /"^ABC\/"/)
        expand: %{User-Name} -> ABC/userid at my_realm
? Evaluating ("%{User-Name}" =~ /"^ABC\/"/) -> FALSE
++? if ("%{User-Name}" =~ /"^ABC\/"/) -> FALSE
No authenticate method (Auth-Type) configuration found for the request: Rejecting the user
Failed to authenticate the user.

Thank you

Piston