Using Freeradius authorization to send data to a microcontroller

Joeven Rex Dizon jrldizon at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 13:20:48 CET 2009

I'm a relatively new freeradius user so I am not really an expert with it.

In our project, depending on a user's authentication/authorization by the
server, we need to send an "unlock/lock" byte to a microcontroller
(connected to /dev/ttyUSB0, by the way).

So where do I start with the solution? Can I run a certain code/program
automatically once the server authenticates a user?
Are there any previous applications similar to this?

Our installed version is 2.1.0+dfsg-0ubuntu2, running on Ubuntu 8.10.
The backend database we used is MySql.

Thanks in advance.

Rex Dizon