FreeRadius with Postgresql

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Thu Mar 19 10:40:55 CET 2009

Hi,

> On following the messages; this is what I get from running freeradius -X
> but before point it to PostgreSQL it runs fine.

<snip>

> rlm_sql (sql): Could not link driver rlm_sql_postgresql: rlm_sql_postgresql.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
> rlm_sql (sql): Make sure it (and all its dependent libraries!) are in the search path of your system's ld.

fairly straight forward - did you build this server yourself? If so,
did you check the output of the ./configure stage? looks like it
hasnt built the postgres modules - probably because the required
postgres devel package wasnt installed at the time.

if this is from a package, check that there isnt some additional
part package that provides the postgres functionality - I note
that several distros split FR into multiple parts.

alan