Windows Authentication and Authorization via LDAP on FreeRadiusv2.1.4 Configuration Help!!!

tnt at kalik.net tnt at kalik.net
Tue Mar 24 20:51:21 CET 2009

>Thanks for all the info and missed reading the comments at the end of the
>radiusd.conf.  I uncommented out the ldap portions of
>/usr/local/etc/raddb/sites-enabled.   My config in modules section is
>
>ldap {
>                        server = "ciq-dc1.ciq.com"
>                        port = 636
>                        identity = "ciq\\radius"
>                        password = "password"
>                        basedn = "dc=ciq,dc=com"
>        filter =
>"(&(objectCategory=user)(samaccountname=%{user-name})(memberOf=cn=MIS-Admins-All,OU=MIS
>Admin,DC=CIQ,DC=COM))"
>                        access_attr = "samAccountName"
>                        ldap_connections_number = 5
>                        timeout = 4
>                        timelimit = 3
>                        }
>
>However, I'm getting some errors when running in debug mode.  Here they are:
>
>/usr/local/etc/raddb/radiusd.conf[644]: Failed to link to module 'rlm_ldap':
>rlm_ldap.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or dire
>ctory
>/usr/local/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default[163]: Failed to find module
>"ldap".
>/usr/local/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default[62]: Errors parsing authorize
>section.
> }
>Errors initializing modules
>
>Am I missing something here...

That is in the FAQ (it's about mysql, but applies to any module):

http://wiki.freeradius.org/index.php/FreeRADIUS_Wiki:FAQ#It_says_.22Could_not_link_..._file_not_found.22.2C_what_do_I_do.3F

That applies if you have built from source. If you have built from a
distribution, you haven't installed support for ldap. Look for a
package named something like freeradius-ldap in your repository.

Ivan Kalik
Kalik Informatika ISP