authcheck vs. groupcheck with FreeRadius 2.1.1

Michael Schramm michael.schramm.mobil at envia-tel.net
Wed May 6 18:38:01 CEST 2009

Hello,

we're migrated from Freeradius 0.9 to 2.1. We are using the freeradius
with a failover MySQL Configuration.
Since the migration we have customers which get in trouble, because we
configured "Simultaneuos Use" Check Items on the user (e.g. Value 4) and
on the corresponding group (e.g. Value 2).
At the old Radius version the value was taken from the User and the
Group attribute was ignored.
Now the user can't authenticate 4 times, because the server checks the
group value.
How can I change this behaviour? If you need configuration fragments,
please tell and I will supply them.

Thanks a lot and best regards

Michael Schramm