Launch external script after login and logout

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri May 8 19:19:53 CEST 2009

Gianni Olivieri wrote:
> thanks for the reply... but there is some error in my conf... now my
> acct_users is:
>
> radius:/etc/freeradius/sites-enabled# cat ../acct_users
> DEFAULT         Acct-Status-Type == "Start"
>                 Tmp-String-0 =
> "%(exec:/etc/freeradius/SCRIPT/userlogin.py User-Name)"

  That isn't what you were told to use.

  Could you cut & paste from my email, rather than re-typing it, with
mistakes?

> DEFAULT         Acct-Status-Type == "Stop"
>                 Tmp-String-0 =
> "%(exec:/etc/freeradius/SCRIPT/userlogout.py User-Name)"

  This one, too.

> and when I launch freeradius:
> /etc/freeradius/acct_users[2]: Parse error (reply) for entry DEFAULT:
> Invalid octet string "%(exec:/etc/freeradius/SCRIPT/userlogin.py
> User-Name)" for attribute name "Tmp-String-0"
> Errors reading /etc/freeradius/acct_users
>
> I must initialize Tmp-String-0? I must also pass the UserName to my
> script....

  You need to define TMP-String-0.  It's defined in later versions of
the server by default.  Just add it to "raddb/dictionary" in your
version, and it will work.

 As for passing User-Name, it will be passed as the environment variable
USER_NAME.