PEAP - Intermediate CA

CJ O isodge at hotmail.com
Tue May 12 01:15:15 CEST 2009

Good Afternoon -

I am having an issue where FreeRadius is not handing the intermediate CA to a windows WPA2 client. We are in the process of deploying WPA2/AES with PEAP. So we purchased a certificate from a company that has a Trusted Root CA in Windows, Mac OSX, and Linux. However, it was signed with there intermediate CA, so the OS will not vailded the certificate during authentication.

The only solution seems to be installing the intermediate CA certifcate on all my clients (2,000-3,000). If it possible to chain the certificates together like you can in Apache?

Thanks
CJ