radiusd -X solaris eap error

Urugn urugn.tony at gmail.com
Thu May 14 01:09:24 CEST 2009

Hello again
I finally got the freeradius build 2.1.5 to initialize under SunOS 5.10
Generic_138889-02 i86pc i386 i86pc.
Here is the data

1.  Got mysql from blastwave via pkg-get
2.  Got openssl from blastwave via pk-get install openssl
3.  downloaded freeradius-server-2.1.4.tar.gz from freeradius.org
4.  tar -xvfz freeradius-server-2.1.4.tar.gz
5.  mv freeradius-server-2.1.4 /usr/src/freeradius
6.  cd /usr/src/freeradius
7.  ./configure --with-openssl-includes=/opt/csw/include/openssl
--with-openssl-libraries=/opt/csw/lib
8. gmake
9. gmake install
10. cd /usr/local/etc/raddb/certs

created the following openssl script from the Makefile

11. vi radss.sh

#!/bin/bash

#
# Diffie-Hellman parameters
#
openssl dhparam -out dh 1024

#
# Create a new self-signed CA certificate
#
openssl req -new -x509 -keyout ca.key -out ca.pem -days 3660 -config
./ca.cnf

openssl x509 -inform PEM -outform DER -in ca.pem -out ca.der

openssl req -new  -out server.csr -keyout server.key -config ./server.cnf

openssl ca -batch -keyfile ca.key -cert ca.pem -in server.csr  -key whatever
-out server.crt -extensions xpserver_ext -extfile xpextensions -config
./server.cnf

openssl pkcs12 -export -in server.crt -inkey server.key -out server.p12
-passin pass:whatever -passout pass:whatever

openssl pkcs12 -in server.p12 -out server.pem -passin pass:whatever -passout
pass:whatever

#
#Verify Server Certificate
#
openssl verify -CAfile ca.pem server.pem

#
#
#  Create a new client certificate, signed by the the above server
#  certificate.
#
#
openssl req -new  -out client.csr -keyout client.key -config ./client.cnf

openssl ca -batch -keyfile server.key -cert server.crt -in client.csr  -key
whatever -out client.crt -extensions xpclient_ext -extfile xpextensions
-config ./client.cnf

openssl pkcs12 -export -in client.crt -inkey client.key -out client.p12
-passin pass:whatever -passout pass:whatever

openssl pkcs12 -in client.p12 -out client.pem -passin pass:whatever -passout
pass:whatever

cp client.pem urugn at support.com.pem

12. chmod +x radssl
13 ./radssl

manually executed the following command thats included in the Makefile

14. date > ./random;

Finally ran radiusd -X

15. radiusd -X

Lots of debug with the following output

Listening on authentication address * port 1812
Listening on accounting address * port 1813
Listening on command file /usr/local/var/run/radiusd/radiusd.sock
Listening on proxy address * port 1814
Ready to process requests.

Well i think under solaris the auto build process is not finished hopefully
this will be fixed in the 2.1.6 release.
Next i will be interested in solaris router to act as the radius client.

One thing very confusing is solaris router a NAS/RAS and how can i get it to
authenticate LAN subnets to the radius?
Any info or links will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.