Last chance to check the "pre" release of 2.1.6

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sat May 16 08:30:49 CEST 2009

nf-vale wrote:
> sudo radiusd -V
> radiusd: error while loading shared libraries: libfreeradius-radius-2.1.6.so:

  It looks like you don't have /usr/local/lib in your dynamic linker
path.  There isn't much we can do to fix that.

> I've configure it with:
>
> ./configure --with-raddbdir=/etc/raddb216 --with-logdir=/var/log/radius --with-radacctdir=/var/log/radius/radacct --enable-strict-dependencies --without-rlm_counter --without-rlm_dbm --without-rlm_ippool --without-rlm_perl --without-rlm_krb5 --with-openssl --without-rlm_python --without-rlm_sql --with-rlm_eap --with-rlm_eap2 --without-rlm_eap_ikev2 --without-rlm_eap_tnc

  Why is it searching in /usr/lib/i486-linux-gnu/ as opposed to just
/usr/lib?  Which OS is this?

> I've configured previous versions up to 2.1.3 like that and it all went fine
> and never had this problem before.

  Still, I think it's a fairly esoteric problem.  If your linker is
*only* looking in those paths, then you should either fix the linker to
look in the directory you configured for FreeRADIUS, *or* configure
FreeRADIUS to put libraries inthe directory your linker users.