current RHEL/CentOS pre-built packages (Was: freeRADIUS)

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Wed May 20 01:33:58 CEST 2009

Fajar A. Nugraha wrote:
> On Sun, May 17, 2009 at 11:33 PM, John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com> wrote:
>> We expect to provide an official update to RHEL with a 2.x
>> version of FreeRADIUS in the next update cycle which would be RHEL 5.5,
>
> So how do you plan to provide seamless upgrade for RHEL 5 users?
> Is freeradius 1.1.3 config compatible with 2.x? Or do we have to do a
> clean install?

Please note what Alan said about upgrades across major versions
requiring manual configuration.

Also, the package will have a different name, rather than freeradius it
will be named freeradius2, however (and this is critical) it will
conflict at the file level, in other words the both freeradius and
freeradius2 cannot be simultaneously installed.

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?
www.redhat.com/carveoutcosts/