question about windows users

Bartosz Chodzinski bartosz.c at gmail.com
Wed May 20 08:56:25 CEST 2009

>Don't strip the username. Why do you proxy this anyway? Create it as a
local realm:
I am using basic configuration without changes in config cause:

>so..somewhere along the line you are playing with the User-Name
attribute...something
>which you cannot do with EAP - if you take a standard 2.1.6 install and
make the basic changes
>to your eap.conf and clients.conf it will work.

"make the basic changes to your eap.conf and client.conf it will work"
it wont.

are all of you had so many troubles with radius or only me has so bad luck
I tried to make my first config a year ago, only have succes with eap=md5,
after month figting with peap I gave up,
now I have some communicates on screen, but answers "basic changes" are
really not helpful.

my realm example.com was:

realm example.com {
        auth_pool = my_auth_failover
}
when I changed in proxy.conf it to

realm example.com {
}

radius wont start
#freeradius -X
radiusd: #### Loading Realms and Home Servers ####
 proxy server {
        retry_delay = 5
        retry_count = 3
        default_fallback = no
        dead_time = 120
        wake_all_if_all_dead = no
 }
 realm example.com {
 }
 realm LOCAL {
 }
 realm NULL {
 }
/etc/freeradius/proxy.conf[498]: home_server "localhost" does not exist