current RHEL/CentOS pre-built packages (Was: freeRADIUS)

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Thu May 21 18:29:02 CEST 2009

Just E. Mail wrote:
> John Dennis wrote:
>>
>> http://wiki.freeradius.org/Red_Hat_FAQ
>>
> I read response from  John Dennis and looked at the web site URL he
> provided. I am ready to install FR and I have one more question!
>
> In my setup, I plan to (1) Install FR and test it and if everything
> works, then (2) setup PostgreSQL backend at a SQL server and test it
> again. I noticed that at the URL listed by John Dennis, there are two
> files;
>
> freradius-2.2.1.6-1.el5.i386.rpm
> freradius-postgresql-2.2.1.6-1.el5.i386.rpm
>
> I am pretty new to FR so please advice; do I need to install both of
> these RPMs or just the second for my setup to work?

Did you read the FAQ listed at the top. The section "Why are there
optional subpackages instead of just one package?" should have explained
it, was it not clear? If so I'll update it to make it clearer if you
explain what was not clear.

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?