freeRADIUS + POPTOP

Ivan Kalik tnt at kalik.net
Sat May 23 01:45:35 CEST 2009

> I've search the INTERNET for 5 days now and late into the evening, but I'm
> totally stumped in resolving my problem, so I would appreciate any
> guidance from the experts.  I've configured as per the many guides I've
> found and have a basic understanding of how this all works, but there is
> no information anywhere on how to setup the Users / Client details for
> freeRADIUS.

Did you try reading comments in users file and clients.conf ie. files you
were about to change?

> The problem, I'm facing is the allocation of IP address / GW / DNS by
> freeRADIUS for the VPN connections coming onto my server.
>
> my service PrivateIP address is 19x.xxx.xxx.190
>
> I've iptables setup to forward all NAT traffic through the PRIVATEIP, but
> allocation of a GW of 10.0.0.1 and a Client IP of 10.0.0.200
>
> However, when I connect and freeRADIUS authenticates me SUCCESSFULLY. I
> get given a IP of 192.168.2.82 from the test_pool, but pool range-start =
> 10.0.0.100 range-stop = 10.0.0.199 which is totally different to the
> address allocated by the pool. ANY IDEAS?

Was test_pool once upon a time in 192.168.2.x range? When you change the
IP range you need to delete db files. This is clearly stated in the ippool
module ie. the file you have changed.

Ivan Kalik
Kalik Informatika ISP