external script doesn't add the attributes it prints out

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Sat May 23 15:34:45 CEST 2009

Hi,

> I have installed freeradius 2.14 on Freebsd using the ports.
> I need to use an external script, so in radiusd.conf I created in the
> module section :
>       exec GETVLAN {
>                 wait = yes
>                 program = "/usr/local/etc/raddb/getVlan %{User-Name}"
>                 input-pairs = request
>                 output-pairs = reply
>         }
>

> and I use it in the post-auth section of the inner-tunnel. (I 'm using
> peap/mschapv2)
>
> But the result is not what I expected...
> I do "echo" for assigning vlan id but the attributes are not appended
> to the reply.
> Here is a cut of the debug debug :

fun. this sort of issue has actually been posted twice to this list in the past
week - dont use the post-auth of the inner-tunnel, use the post-auth of the
outer (default site usually) - you may need to ensure that the User-Name
gets passed back to the outer handler to ensure you are dealing with real
user info and not just 'anonymous' etc.

alan