usr-hiper and freeradius 2.1.5 accounting problem

haries fajar nugroho hariesfn at gmail.com
Mon May 25 03:17:53 CEST 2009

Thanks for replying..

haries fajar nugroho wrote:
>> I wanna migrate my radius server from icradius to freeradius 2.1.5.'

> 2.1.6.

[root at rina2 haries]# /usr/local/freeradius/sbin/radiusd -v
radiusd: FreeRADIUS Version 2.1.5, for host i686-pc-linux-gnu, built
on Apr 15 2009 at 13:33:02
Copyright (C) 1999-2009 The FreeRADIUS server project and contributors.
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
You may redistribute copies of FreeRADIUS under the terms of the
GNU General Public License.
For more information about these matters, see the file named COPYRIGHT.

>> In my freeradius debugging mode, the error message was :
>> rad_recv: Accounting-Request packet from host x.x.x.x (* encrypted ip)
>> port 1646, id=63, length=405
>> Received Accounting-Request packet from x.x.x.x (* encrypted ip) with
>> invalid signature!  (Shared secret is incorrect.) Dropping packet
>> without response.

> Well... the shared secret is wrong.  There really isn't much else to say.

But what i am wondering is, why the authentication sections run normally.
My user can be authenticated, but the accounting cannot be logged.

When i use the same settings with another ras modem, the AAA runs correctly.

>> 2. I've tried to use default freeradius secret at the freeradius side
>> with testing123 without changing the secret at the ras modem. But
>> still failed.

> That won't work.

>> Do you have another solution ?

> Re-enter the shared secret on both the NAS && FreeRADIUS.

> Alan DeKok.

Thanks :)