How to enter users in sql?

Guy Fraser guy at incentre.net
Wed May 27 20:12:06 CEST 2009

On 2009-May-27, at 11:51, Just E. Mail wrote:

> I have successfully setup a freeRADIUS server with PostgreSQL
> backend (separate) server. When I start freeRADIUS in test mode
> 'radiusd -X', it connects to the sql server and there is no error. I
> have two general questions:
>
> 1. I need to add one or two test UID & PW in the SQL database. Is
> there a GUI application available to accomplish that or I have to do
> it manually entering the data?

You could try to use the dialup_admin php interface that is included
with
FreeRadius source.

It did not meet our needs so I wrote one for in house use.

> 2. When the freeRADIUS server is live (on-line) how does user
> authentication data gets added into the database? In MD5, LINUX has
> an application to add USER Name & Group (created automatically)
> which both email program (such as Postfix) and freeRADIUS
> authenticate against. How is it done in PostgreSQL?

FreeRadius uses the standard libcrypt routines.

Here is a snipet of code from the PHP interface I wrote :

####
function check_password ($test_pass,$old_encrypted) {
   if(crypt($test_pass,$old_encrypted) == $old_encrypted) {
     //echo "Password matches<BR>";
     return(true);
   } else {
     //echo "Passwowd does not match<BR>";