freeRADIUS first test with PostgreSQL?

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Thu May 28 23:13:19 CEST 2009

Hi,

> I need to add a couple of USER/PW into the PostgreSQL tables to test.
>
> How do I do that?

however you like

> Is there a GUI to add UID/PW?

theres a basic GUI supplied as part of freeradius source - dialup_admin
there is also DaloRADIUS - the author of that tool is on this list.

> Are UID/PW added manually?

if you really want to. you can use psql directly on the command line.

we have a set of PERL CGI scripts which deal with creating
and removing accounts that have to be in the database rather
than in our usual authentication store - these are using DBD:Pg etc
to talk to postgres and deal with the data

> Where can read about it? (Please donotjust point to the manual. I have

well, to be honest, this isnt a FreeRADIUS question  this is
now all postgresql/SQL stuff - how you enter/remove data etc
from the database is down to your chosen ways, policies etc

...usually people start with the more simple/common MySQL
as their first SQL steps so its quite refreshing to see someone
taking on postgresql at this stage :-)

alan