FreeRadius with Novell

Magnus Larsson Magnus.Larsson at addpro.se
Fri May 29 14:58:20 CEST 2009

Hi,

I'm using FreeRadius as a "radius proxy" to authenticate wireless users and send which VLAN ID they should be using. The authentication server is two Novell servers with two different trees.

Now to the problem .. I can't use context less login since the FreeRadius first need to authenticate to place the user on a VLAN and then the client logs in to the Novell server.

Is it possible somehow to have FreeRadius hardcoded with all possible contexts to search for the user or somehow first give a temporary VLAN to the user and then move the user to the real VLAN after the context less authentication?

I hope you understand what I mean

Best Regards,

Magnus Larsson

MCE, CWSP, BCCPP, WCSE+, CICSP