Logging Error Messages in SQL

Jeff Fern freeradius at fcse.co.uk
Mon Nov 2 17:55:34 CET 2009

All,

We are running Freeradius 2.1.7, some of our clients aren't properly
configured, and we sometimes see errors like this in /var/log/radius.log:

Mon Nov  2 16:23:04 2009 : Error: TLS Alert read:fatal:unknown CA
Mon Nov  2 16:23:04 2009 : Error:     TLS_accept:failed in SSLv3 read
client certificate A
Mon Nov  2 16:23:04 2009 : Error: rlm_eap: SSL error error:14094418:SSL
routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:tlsv1 alert unknown ca
Mon Nov  2 16:23:04 2009 : Error: SSL: SSL_read failed inside of TLS (-1),
TLS session fails.

What I would like to be able to do is log part of this message in our
database, so if the user seeks help about not being able to get access,
our helpdesk just need to query the database rather than needing to ask us
to look through the log file for any additional information.

I haven't been able to find any info about this, does anyone have any ideas?

Cheers,
-Jeff

believed to be clean.