Problem with server atribute in NAS table with mysql

Ana Gallardo ana.gallardo.77 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 14:42:51 CET 2009

Hello, I'm using Freeradius 2.0.4-3 an Debian.

My clients are in a MySQL database (nas table).

+----+------------------+---------------+-------+---------+------------+---------+---------------+---------------------------+
| id |     nasname     |  shortname | type  | ports    | secret     | server
| community  | description                |
+----+------------------+---------------+-------+---------+------------+---------+---------------+---------------------------+
| 1 |      XXX             | NODO1      | other | NULL | secretN1 | nodes  |
nodo           | Nodo Wifi                  |
| 2 |      YYY             | NODO2      | other | NULL | secretN2 | nodes  |
nodo           | Nodo Wifi                  |

I want to process some clients through one virtual server (server nodes{}),
so I have the name of the virtual server in the "server" column, but this
doesn't work.

When I receive a request from those clients, the default server proccess
them.

I test to change the column name to virtual_server with same result.

I have to put the clients with value in "virtual_server" in clients.conf
file and the clients without value in nas table from MySQL.

I test to put them in server section:

##/etc/freeradius/sites-enabled/nodes

server nodes{
   client nodo1{

but this doesn't work. I have to put them out of server section, like this:

##/etc/freeradius/sites-enabled/nodes
client nodo1{
}

server nodes{

and I think that this is the same that put them in clients files ¿?

Thank you very much and sorry for my english.

--

 Ana Gallardo Gómez