Freeradius set up help

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Nov 10 07:53:08 CET 2009

Horchem Gary wrote:
> let me try to send this again the last one I sent the list server said
> it was too large I found the file and uncommented any # ldap lines I
> tried to login again and got this logging error "++[eap] returns reject
> Failed to authenticate the user.

  The MAJOR problem here is that you are not reading the documentation.

  NOTHING in the documentation says to post the configuration files to
the list.  In addition, it's a BAD IDEA to post them to the list,
because we already have copies of them: they COME WITH THE SERVER.

  Post the debugging output as suggested in:

- the FAQ
- the README
- the "man" page
- the INSTALL file
- daily on this list
- and in pretty much every "howto" in existence

  Stop trying to be "smart".  Smart people read the docs and follow the
instructions, because they don't want to waste brainpower figuring out
how to do something that has detailed instructions available.  People
trying to be "smart" try to prove they're smart by re-inventing the wheel.