FR2.1.3+LDAP+802.1x+PEAP

Caius caiuspolgar at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 10 17:52:52 CET 2009

Hi,

im using a Sun Solaris station, and i tried to get FreeRADIUS to work with LDAP (Directory Server 6.2), yey it works!
Now i need to go further and activate 802.1x with PEAP (as PEAP is native in XP).
I managed to create the certificate and configure eap/peap, the tunnel is created, eap messages are exchanged, but when it tried to check the user it fails.

The supplicants are Windows XP stations/laptops, wired in a switch (the client/authenticator), connected to the RADIUS server.

But from what i understood i cant make it work cause my users passwords in LDAP are SSHA encrypted and i would need NTLM or clear-text passwords, right?

So what solutions do i have?
I got FreeRADIUS+LDAP(SSHA) and i wanna add 802.1x port base authentication, what do i use?

Thanks & Best Regards,
Caius Pargar