Send accounting packets to multiple proxy servers

Patric patricrt at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 16:05:19 CET 2009

Hi all,

FreeRADIUS 2.1.7

I currently have a server A that proxies accounting packets to server B.
I would like server A to proxy those same accounting packets to server C
as well.

Currently this is my setup:

Server A

clients.conf:
-------------

client server_B_ip {
         ipaddr         = server_B_ip
         secret         = server_B_secret
         require_message_authenticator = no
         virtual_server = requests_from_server_B
}

sites-enabled/default:
----------------------
accounting {
         detail
         detail-radrelay
server requests_from_server_B {
         authorize {
                 files
         }
         preacct {
                 preprocess
                 acct_unique
         }
         accounting {
                 detail
                 sql

So as I understand it, all incoming accounting requests are written to
the detail and the detail-radrelay files, except if its from server B,
in which case it only writes to the detail file so that it is not
reproxied, correct?

Then I have:

proxy.conf:
-----------

home_server copy-acct-to-home-server {
         type             = acct
         ipaddr           = server_B_ip
         port             = 1813
         secret           = server_B_secret
         response_window  = 10
         zombie_period    = 20
         no_response_fail = yes
}

home_server_pool my_acct_failover {
         home_server = copy-acct-to-home-server
}

realm DEFAULT {
         acct_pool = my_acct_failover
         nostrip
}

sites-enabled/copy-acct-to-home-server:
---------------------------------------

server copy-acct-to-home-server {
         listen {
                 type = detail
                 filename = ${radacctdir}/detail-combined
                 load_factor = 10
                 retry_interval = 10
         }
         preacct {
                 suffix
         }
         accounting {
                    ok

What do I need to add to get the detail-combined entries sent to server
C as well? Does my proxy.conf need to look like this?:

home_server copy-acct-to-home-server {
         type             = acct
         ipaddr           = server_B_ip
         port             = 1813
         secret           = server_B_secret
         response_window  = 10
         zombie_period    = 20
         no_response_fail = yes
}

home_server copy-acct-to-server-C {
         type             = acct
         ipaddr           = server_C_ip
         port             = 1813
         secret           = server_C_secret
         response_window  = 10
         zombie_period    = 20
         no_response_fail = yes
}

home_server_pool my_acct_failover {
         home_server = copy-acct-to-home-server
	home_server = copy-acct-to-server-C
}

realm DEFAULT {
         acct_pool = my_acct_failover
         nostrip
}

Im not too sure where to go here, any help would be much appreciated as
always!

Many thanks,
Patric