Proxy to multiple servers in FR 2.1.7

Patric patricrt at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 12:10:18 CET 2009

Hi again,

Alan DeKok wrote:
>> sites-enabled/copy-acct-to-server-B:
>> ---------------------------------------
>>
>> server copy-acct-to-home-server {
>
>   Uh... you have TWO virtual servers with the same name.  This isn't
> allowed.  And this config isn't the same as what's shown in the debug log.
>
>   Can you explain why you're posting WRONG configurations?  It's not
> like we can't notice.
I saw which part you were referring to after I replied. This was an
error in copying and pasting, my apologies. Amazing how one mis-paste
can change the entire thing :)

Current configuration, just for clarity on my previous reply:

proxy.conf:
-----------

proxy server {
       default_fallback = no
}

home_server copy-acct-to-server-A {
       type = acct
       ipaddr = server_A
       port = 1813
       secret = secret
}

home_server copy-acct-to-server-B {
       type = acct
       ipaddr = server_B
       port = 1813
       secret = secret
}

home_server_pool my_acct_failover {
       home_server = copy-acct-to-server-A
}

realm DEFAULT {
       acct_pool       = my_acct_failover
       nostrip
}

sites-enabled/copy-acct-to-server-A:
---------------------------------------

server copy-acct-to-server-A {
        listen {
                type = detail
                filename = ${radacctdir}/detail-combined
                load_factor = 10
                retry_interval = 10
        }
        preacct {
                suffix
        }
        accounting {
                   ok

sites-enabled/copy-acct-to-server-B:
------------------------------------

server copy-acct-to-server-B {
        listen {
                type = detail
                filename = ${radacctdir}/detail-combined2
                load_factor = 10
                retry_interval = 10
        }
        preacct {
                suffix
        }
        accounting {
                   ok

So yes, I realise that because I am using ream DEFAULT everything is
matching to server A.
The accounting packet that is coming in will be for "user at patric.com".
Then my question is how do I define realms for server A and server B so
they both process that packet?

Hope that clarifies a bit.

Thanks
Patric