SSID based authentication

Peter Carlstedt pc_007 at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 17 11:14:33 CET 2009

Hello everyone.

As you know by now I am the one asking alot of questions but if  you dont ask you dont learn;)

Well I have been searching the net for an answer but have not found any.

I described in my lastest question how to get SSID authentication to work  but I missed on important thing.

If I want an enduser to be able to connect to the same SSID on multiple AP´s then I can not use

"Called-Station-ID" since it also includes information about the mac address for a specific AP.

So how do I do to be able to authenticate by just using the SSID and not the mac address for a specific AP?

Im using mikrotik and it do not have dynamic VLAN so I will have to bind a VLAN per SSID.

Best regards/ Peter Carlstedt