COA Examples

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Nov 17 12:17:17 CET 2009

Andrew Paternoster wrote:
> Does anyone have any COA policy examples?  I want to use them on a cisco
> router to change the traffic shaping policy at different times of the day.

  You will need to use radclient to generate CoA packets at different
times of the day.  The server can only generate CoA packets when it
receives an accounting or authentication packet.

  As for policies... you will need to write them yourself.  It's
programming, and dependent on your local business rules.  No one else
can give you examples of these.

  The files included with the server document how to write policies (man
unlang), and give some simple CoA policies (raddb/sites-available/)