Dropping conflicting packet from client xxxxxx:14991 - ID: 126 due to unfinished request 13945

GeorgePing gping2005 at optusnet.com.au
Thu Nov 19 23:30:27 CET 2009

Hi, All,

My first time posting here. Correct me if the content or category is wrong.

I am using freeradius-1.1.8 as well as 1.1.4, each time I got log message at
/usr/local/var/log/radius/radius.log

Dropping conflicting packet from client xxxxx:14991 - ID: 126 due to
unfinished request 13945 (the figures might change)

Then radiusd stopped and the linux showed top 9x% utilization.

I have to kill -9 PID and restart it again. It would run for a while then
come to above problem again then stop.

I could not install freeradius-2.xxx because I am not using up-to-date
fedora, my uname -r is currently as 2.4.18-14, it can not compile the
version 2xxx of freeradius.

Coud somebody please give me any help on this issue?

Thanks a lot.

George