Unexpected "Exiting normally" 2.1.8?

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Wed Nov 25 15:05:30 CET 2009

"Craig Campbell" <craig at ccraft.ca> writes:

>    can anyone identify a certain "GOOD" build to use for the git
> bisect? (Say where 2.1.7 was released?)
>
> I looked through the logs and have arbitrarily selected,
> 134f314c57d67b56bab93db4089c25e956ad6cf2] Lots of notes prior to 2.1.7
>
> I do not know how to force git to build that revision so I could
> actually verify it is good.

Not sure if I understand the question...

"git tag" will give you a list of tags.  "release_2_1_7" looks like a
good choice.  You could use "git log" or "git show" or something like
that to get the hash, but you really don't need to. If you know the
2.1.7 release was good, the you can just do

 "git bisect good release_2_1_7"

Bjørn