separating Users?

freeradius at corwyn.net freeradius at corwyn.net
Mon Nov 30 20:54:14 CET 2009

There's a piece of RADIUS that I'm not understanding.

If I have an entry in my ./users file
DEFAULT         Auth-Type:=Accept,Ldap-Group == "Group1"
                 Service-Type=NAS-Prompt-User,cisco-avpair="shell:priv-lvl=15"

And another entry
DEFAULT         Auth-Type:=Accept,Ldap-Group == "Group2"
                 Service-Type=NAS-Prompt-User,cisco-avpair="shell:priv-lvl=15"

where I'm trying to authorize users in Group1 for one set of
switches, and users in Group2 for another set of switches, how does
freeradius know which is which?

Rick

Rick Steeves
http://www.sinister.net

In reality nothing is more damaging to the adventurous spirit within
a man than a secure future -  Alexander Supertramp