Aruba-User-Vlan, how to configure RADIUS to send the that aruba VSA to the controller

aangles aav_1984 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 2 23:22:32 CEST 2009

Ivan Kalik wrote:

>> have freeradius 2.1, and the configuration of my users file is like the
>> following:

>> DEFAULT Auth-Type = LDAP
>> Aruba-User-Vlan = 20,
>> Fall-Through : = 1
>>
>> once I do radiusd -X, I see only the first access-challenge with the
>> Aruba-User-Vlan Attirbute, and no more access-challenges have this
>> attribute.
>
> Any chance we can see that?
>
> Ivan Kalik
> Kalik Informatika ISP
>
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See

I do not understand what do you mean . I have tried to see if radius client
(radtest) sends the aruba-user-vlan in a access radius reply, like an
access-accept and it works.
But, using WPA2/EAP-PEAP using Aruba controller as a NAS , the radius sends
inside an access challenge, the aruba-user-vlan VSA attirbute but only in
two of the large amount of access-challenge, as you saw in that pictures, or
print screen. Aruba, does not receive the VLAN from radius, because
otherwise it would work.
Do you know what I mean now?

Thanks