How can I output Cisco-AVPair Attributes in linelog?

David Mitchell mitchell at ucar.edu
Tue Oct 6 16:39:21 CEST 2009

Alan DeKok wrote:
> David Mitchell wrote:
>> The SSID is in a Cisco-AVPair. I can include them all via
>>
>> Start = "Connect: User: %{User-Name} ( client: %{Calling-Station-Id}
>> location: %{WISPr-Location-Name}) %{Cisco-AVPair[*]}"
>>
>> or the first one by using %{Cisco-AVPair[1]}. But I have no guarantee
>> that the ssid will be the first AV pair.
>
>   Yes... there's no simple way to do that right now.

Is usage of Cisco-AVPair, or other similar variables, common enough to
include code for it? For example, perhaps they could be accessed via a
Perl hash-like structure as %{Cisco-AVPair[ssid]} to get "TEST" from
Cisco-AVPair = "ssid=TEST". I don't think the coe would be hard to
write, but I have no idea where it would fit in.

>> I've tried using unlang constructs to pull the data out, but can't
>> figure out the right syntax. I'm trying something like the config below,
>> just to see if the 'if/else' clauses even fire and they don't. No matter
>> what I put in for the regexp, SSID never gets redefined to TRUE or
>> FALSE. It always outputs as 'Junk'. I'm sure this is doable, I just
>> don't know the exact syntax. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
>>
>> >From linelog configuration:
>>
>>     Accounting-Request {
>>         SSID="Junk"
>>         Pairs = "%{Cisco-AVPair[0]}"
>
>   You can't do that.  The configuration files are NOT a programming
> language.  If you want to set temporary variables (really attributes),
> see the "update" section.

Oddly, I can do that. It works fine and I can reference the variables
later as ${SSID} and ${Pairs}. I was hoping that I could use unlang
constructs in the linelog config file but it sounds like that isn't the
case. I can live with just dumping %{Cisco-AVPair[*]} into my logs, I
just end up with some extra junk I don't care about. I've never been
100% clear on where I can and can't use unlang syntax. Thanks for the help,

-David Mitchell