radius + dhcp

marco perugini m.perugini at 4it.it
Tue Oct 6 18:42:35 CEST 2009

hi alan, first of all thanks for your feedback!
now i'm going to explain better: i'm in WiMax context with freeradius
2.1.1 and i want to differentiate several clients to assign addresses
according with realm;
here's an example: i've client1 at realm1, client2 at realm1 and
client3 at realm1 and there's also client4 at realm2. now i'd love that my
dhcp assigns IPs from 10.x.x.x pool to the realm1's clients and IPs from
20.x.x.x pool to the realm2's client.
so do you know if it's possible to do with classic dhcp server [dhcpd]?
or with freeradius's embedded dhcp server? or i'm guessing something
impossible?
thanks in advance for your attention and sorry for my bad english,
marco

--

4it

*4IT **S.r.l.
**Marco Perugini* *| system administrator** *
Via Udine 30-36, 00161 Roma
Phone +39 06 97601680
Mobile +39 339.39.81.246
Fax +39 06 97601683
m.perugini at 4it.it <mailto:m.perugini at 4it.it>
www.4it.it <http://www.4it.it/>

"Il presente messaggio e gli eventuali allegati sono di natura
confidenziale. Qualora vi fosse pervenuto per errore, vi preghiamo di
cancellarlo immediatamente dal vostro sistema e di avvisare il mittente.
Grazie."

"This electronic mail transmission and any accompanying attachments
contain confidential information. If you have received this
communication in error, please immediately delete the E-mail and either
notify the sender. Thank you."